flickr.com/knittycat


Tips & Techniques for Knitting theknittycat's Peeps and Other Toys

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Ewok to Baby Wookie for John's birthday, April 2011





"I have always held a secret belief
that Ewoks are actually ….. 
 ......  Baby Wookies"





Before all of my fellow Star Wars fans get mad ....


Just Kidding!!  heh heh

......


...................


.........


While making this little guy, I thought that his pre ears/helmet look was so cute that I didn't want to sew the helmet/ears on, so I made them removable.  And he DOES remind me of a wookie!  ;o)

This was my freehand version of the crocheted ewoks that I've seen on the net including chiwaluv’s cutie
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chiwaluvchis/4512124020/
 - there's a popular pattern available here:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/62785763/pattern-for-ewok-star-wars-mini 

I crocheted him with with TLC Amore, a fuzzy boucle yarn, which is what decided me to use plain yarn and BRUSH Fuzzy Hello Kitty! Yeesh! I thought it was challenging to KNIT with fuzzy yarn!! But when you’re crocheting, you can’t see the STITCHES!!


Since I can't craft at the moment because my hands are healing (hopefully), I thought I'd post a few of the peeps I've been making, and have made in the past, who have been so woefully neglected because I never have a chance to stop knitting/crocheting, long enough to do any posting!  ;o)  I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as my Hub and I do. 


theknittingkitty for theknittycat

No comments:

Post a Comment